Master's of Education in

Multilingual Education

If you are interested in working with children with difference cultures and backgrounds, then you might want to consider a degree in Multilingual Education. Every school system across the country is experience an increase in multilingual students and the need for more teachers in this area is rising.

For those of you who love working with children and youth and like to inform and education, a Teaching career in Multilingual Education could be for you. Teaching children who struggle with a new language offers a lifelong rewarding career while working with children.

Use the Teaching Degree Finder or consider a sponsored online teaching program:

Campbellsville University MA in TESOL at Campbellsville University
Notre Dame of Maryland MA in TESOL (Post Secondary) at Notre Dame of Maryland
Notre Dame of Maryland MA in TESOL (Pre K-12 Certification) at Notre Dame of Maryland

Multilingual Education Degree

Types of Teaching Careers

Being a Multilingual teacher is both challenging and rewarding at the same time. Teaching licenses and certifications are regulated through the state. Each state has different requirements and regulations when it comes to applying for a teaching license.

In order to teach Multilingual education, prospective teachers need to complete a Bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education or Elementary Education. After completing a Bachelor’s degree, students can apply to a graduate program where they can complete a Master’s of Art in Teaching online and focus on Multilingual Education.

For future educators that want to work with students from difference backgrounds and diverse cultures, a job teaching Multilingual education is for you. Start with a focus on a degree majoring in the Multilingual Education, then sit for the state regulated exams, then apply for licensing in your state.

The local school district can assist the process as well once you’ve been offered a job. Some states have the applications online.

Once a potential teacher has graduated, he/she should send their transcripts to the state’s licensing board. The state licensing board should also receive a copy of your test results. Once they have both of these in their office, prospective teachers can apply for a teaching license or certification.

If teachers want to add a certification to teach a new subject or different grade level, then an examination is required. Specific state scores have been set with minimum requirements in order to add the certification to a current, active teaching license. offers information from each state on the certification and licensing process. All information provided on comes from the Council for the Accreditation on Educator Preparation.