Online Primary Education Degrees
University of West Alabama
|Bachelor||Bachelor of Science Elementary Education K-6 (includes certification in Early Childhood P-3)||Website|
University of West Alabama
|Master||Education Specialist: Elementary Education||Website|
University of West Alabama
|Master||Master of Education: Elementary Education K-6||Website|
University of West Florida
|Master||Curriculum & Instruction, M.Ed. - Elementary Education Comprehensive||Website|
Online Primary Education degree programs can provide learners with a well-rounded curriculum designed for the most skilled and dedicated educational professionals. Through a blend of courses including those in learning theory, curriculum development, classroom management, and subject-to-subject learning, students within this program can work towards becoming ideal educators in the public and private school systems.
This type of degree program can provide learners with the skills they need to teach others within a classroom setting. The primary education component of this program means that students in this program can gain expertise relevant to elementary-age pupils, including basic concepts such as Mathematics, Literacy, and Science.
Depending on the school that you enroll in, your experience in Online Primary Education degree programs can be unique. Some universities offer this program at the bachelor's level, while others offer a master's variation of the primary option.
If you choose the Online Primary Education degree program, you can expect to spend a significant amount of time learning about different concepts such as the theory of learning, child development, and classroom behavior management. These can be key concepts in how effective of a learning environment you can create for your students, which can contribute to overall success.
In addition to the generalized focus on education and learning, you can also participate in learning about specific subject areas relevant to this student age group. General Math, Science, Social Studies, and English are the standard subjects included in this program, which can be outlined in relation to different teaching techniques and learning styles.
Students entering into Online Primary Education degree programs can choose accredited programs that can lead them towards licensure and a career teaching children in the field. If you are interested in this program, you can find example schools located in the sections below.
University of West Alabama
|Bachelor||Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Development||Website|
The University of Iowa
|Master||Master of Arts in Teaching, Leadership, and Cultural Competency||Website|
|Master||Online MS in Education||Website|
Fairleigh Dickinson University
|Master||Master of Administrative Science||Website|
Benefits of Studying Online
A lot of busy adults may consider going back to school to help transform their career into something more fulfilling. However, there are blockades to the pursuits of higher education for adult learners that can often be related to time and money constraints.
Online Primary Education degree programs can be an excellent choice for busy adult learners due to their convenience and cost-effectiveness. Online degree programs have provided learners with the opportunity to learn at their own pace, in a learning environment that can be accessed at all hours of the day and night.
The cost-effectiveness of these degree programs can also be a benefit for you to take advantage of during your experience. Online degree programs often provide flat-rate tuition rates for in-state and out-of-state learners, making it possible to look beyond your own state for programs when seeking the best deal.
Different people with different personality types may find online degree program beneficial to their growth during their program. Students working from their own home may feel more freedom to express creativity on projects and group work, which can expand their capabilities as teachers while in the field.
Online degree programs can provide learners with great opportunities that might not be found in the traditional environment. Online programs allow quick access to online resources, communication, and teacher support.
If you are looking for a program that can provide you with all of the most important benefits of higher education, online options may be the right choice for you.
Online Degree Requirements
As you browse through different Online Primary Education degree programs, you might find that varying programs have requirements that need to be met before and during the program. Each school that offers this program can have its own expectations for incoming learners, as well as those currently enrolled in the program.
Most teaching programs available throughout the U.S. will have some guidelines associated with future licensing attached. Online Primary Education programs can include some in-person student teaching experiences that can require you to spend time observing licensed teachers while they work in the classroom.
The goal of this experience is to provide you with some foresight into your duties as a licensed teacher. Most programs require that you spend around 1 semester in the student-teaching experience, which can be a valuable tool for you as you transition into licensure.
Your current degree level can also change your requirements when entering into Online Primary Education degree programs. If you are entering into an undergraduate degree program, you may be expected to provide high school records during the application process that can help determine your admission.
Students enrolling at the graduate level may be required to provide transcripts and proof of previous degree to the institution at admissions for enrollment consideration. If you currently hold a teaching license, this could negate the student teaching experience required by most programs.
Example Online Programs
- The University of Alabama – Online Master of Arts in Elementary Education: The University of Alabama is currently a highly ranked school offering students the opportunity to engage in a MA in Elementary Education. Through 30-36 credit hours, students can learn more about the topics and subjects relevant to elementary teaching. Billed at a rate of $420 per credit hour, this program can help learners align their expertise with the state requirements for teaching professionals. Financial aid resources may be available to students through an application and qualification process.
- The University of Mississippi – Elementary Education: Online Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction: Ole Miss is currently a provider of Online Primary Education degree programs at the master’s level. This degree program was designed to help create expert teachers for students in grades K-6. Tuition rates for this university are currently $8,370 per semester, with financial aid available to those who qualify.
- Grand Canyon University – Online Master of Education in Elementary Education: Students enrolled in GCU’s online Master of Education in Elementary Education can take advantage of shorter classes lasting 6 weeks, with a total of 47 credit hours required for the entire program. The curriculum within this program was designed to build upon previous learning at the bachelor’s level and meets the general criteria for K-6 licensure. Students can contact the financial aid office for more information about what resources are available. The tuition rate for this university is currently $545 per credit hour plus fees.
Explore Other Online Teaching Degrees
- Online Adult Education Degrees >>
- Online Alternative Certification >>
- Online Curriculum and Instruction Degrees >>
- Online Early Childhood Education Degrees >>
- Online Education Technology Programs >>
- Online Educational Admin Degrees >>
- Online Elementary Education Programs >>
- Online MAT >>
- Online Multilingual Education Degrees >>
- Online Secondary Education Degrees >>
- Online Special Education Degrees >>
- Online Teaching Assistant Programs >>