Online Ed Tech Programs
|Master||MA Educational Technology||Website|
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
|Master||Master of Education in Learning Design and Technology||Website|
University of West Alabama
|Master||Master of Education: Learning, Design and Technology||Website|
|Master||Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology||Website|
East Central University
|Master||Master of Education in Instructional Design and Technology||Website|
Upcoming teaching professionals intrigued by technology and what it can provide during the learning process can enroll in Online Educational Technology Programs as a means for future success. Online Educational Technology Programs can provide learners with first hand knowledge into the development and utilization of technologically-advanced teaching tools, methods for accessing the internet for learning purposes, and insight into in-development technologies for future use.
Teaching degrees in Educational Technology in the online setting can provide learners with the maximum amount of flexibility and convenience from start to finish. The curriculum within these programs surrounds topics related to the creation of online teaching tools, teaching games, graphic instructional design, and the fundamentals of e-learning.
In addition to courses directly related to technology-based teaching, students in this program can also indulge in the basic elements of teaching, such as Educational Psychology, Learning Theories, and Curriculum Design. The combination of both standard and technological elements can create an optimum learning experience for upcoming teaching professionals.
If you are considering a teaching career in society today, you should come prepared to utilize different forms of technology while working with students in the classroom. This degree program can help familiarize you with current technologies, as well as enlighten you to technologies that are currently in development for later use.
University of West Alabama
|Bachelor||Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Development||Website|
The University of Iowa
|Master||Master of Arts in Teaching, Leadership, and Cultural Competency||Website|
|Master||Online MS in Education||Website|
Fairleigh Dickinson University
|Master||Master of Administrative Science||Website|
Benefits of Studying Online
Engagement in online learning can be beneficial for a wide range of learners interested in bettering their careers. The most basic benefit to online learning is the convenience and flexibility that it can provide throughout the duration of the program.
Online teaching degree programs may also assist students in saving money on the total costs of their experience, since the costs related to these types of programs do not include additional charges for housing, student meals, or travel. In addition to saving money, the ability to maintain your full-time employment can result in more earnings and career advancement along the way.
Students with varying personalities can find the online learning environment more suitable for their educational growth. In the online setting, students can communicate with instructors and other students with ease on discussion platforms and in-class email tools without the added burden of scheduling on-campus appointments. If you are the type of person that is too shy to raise your hand during class to ask a question or that is easily put off task by off-topic conversations in the in-person classroom, online courses could be a great way for you to learn without the distractions of the in-person classroom.
One of the most helpful attributes of online learning programs for students success is students' abilities to learn without distraction. Most courses in the online setting allow students to log in and study at any time of day or night, making it possible to create you own learning environment free of factors that can distract you for efficiently learning.
Example Online Programs
If you are intrigued by what Educational Technology programs have to offer you as an upcoming teaching professional, our team encourages you to explore the different programs currently being offered by universities all over the country. The influx of online educational programs has helped make it possible for more people to pursue higher education for the quality of their lifelong careers. Take a look below at some of the programs currently being offered across the U.S.
- Texas A&M University – Online Master’s in Educational Technology: The Master’s of Educational Technolog program at Texas A&M University is a 36 credit hour program offered in the online setting. Tuition for this program is listed at $5,906.51 per semester, with multiple financial aid resources available for qualifying students.
- Arizona State University – Online Master of Education in Learning Design and Technologies: Students choosing Arizona State University for their master’s program can engage in a 30 credit hour degree program designed to sharpen their skills in Educational Technology. Tuition rates for this university are listed as $532 – $1,397 per credit hour. Students can utilize financial aid resources to help fund the costs of their program.
- The University of Florida – Online Master of Education in Educational Technology:Students interested in pursuing a degree program with focus in both standard teaching and technology-focused courses can enjoy the benefits of both through UF’s M.Ed. in Educational Technology. This 36 credit hour program is available to learners at a rate of $528.33 per credit hour for residents and $631.86 for non-residents. Students can explore financial aid options through consultation with the university’s financial aid office.
Online Degree Requirements
When you begin online Educational Technology degree programs, you may be expected to quickly begin your delve into different subject areas related to success in your field. From start to finish, students like you can expect to complete different milestones along the path to graduation.
Beginning with enrollment, students entered into bachelor’s level programs in this field should prepare for engagement in 3-4 years of learning in the online setting. Courses may require that students log in 2-3 times per week, with different programs offering synchronous and asynchronous options.
Master’s programs in the online setting can consist of around 2 years of extensive learning into Educational Technology, with students having the option to take courses that are closely related to their degree specialization rather than more diverse general education classes.
Online courses include discussion components that can task students with exploring different concepts related to the week’s lesson, as well as add to and challenge the ideas of other learners. These types of assignments can assist you in learning to question theories and explore learning concepts on a deeper level.
In bachelor’s and master’s programs, students in Educational Technology programs may be expected to work with different types of technological learning programs in order to further familiarize them with different technologies available and to explore ideas for the development of new programs along the way.
Teaching degree programs leading to licensure may also contain in-person observation requirements for students on the path to teaching careers. This student teaching experience typically takes place during one of the final semesters of the online teaching degree program and needs to be – at minimum – 10 weeks in length. The observation experience may require that you engage with different grade levels and conduct your observations in different classrooms. The teachers that you observe during this experience should have at least 3 years of teaching experience for optimum learning.
Explore Other Online Teaching Degrees
- Online Adult Education Degrees >>
- Online Alternative Certification >>
- Online Curriculum and Instruction Degrees >>
- Online Early Childhood Education Degrees >>
- Online Educational Admin Degrees >>
- Online Elementary Education Programs >>
- Online MAT >>
- Online Multilingual Education Degrees >>
- Online Primary Education Degrees >>
- Online Secondary Education Degrees >>
- Online Special Education Degrees >>
- Online Teaching Assistant Programs >>