Find & Compare

Teaching Degrees in Hawaii

  • 17 teaching programs in Hawaii accredited by CAEP
  • 9 CAEP-accredited Bachelor's degrees
  • 5 CAEP-accredited Master's degrees in Hawaii

To work as a teacher in Hawaii, you must complete undergraduate coursework, an approved teaching certification program and standardized testing.

Hawaii has three levels of certification for teaching: provisional license, standard license and advanced licensed. The 3-year provisional license is for Hawaii teachers that have completed approved teaching programs.

Consider a sponsored online program currently accepting applicants (below):

Hawaii Teaching Degree Programs

Bachelor’s in Education Programs in Hawaii

Brigham Young University in Hawaii specializes in baccalaureate programs aimed at students needing initial certification or wanting to focus on a specific subject matter. BYU offers bachelor degrees in education, elementary education, mathematics, secondary education, biology, music and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL). Many of these programs also offer concentrations is specific areas such as physical education, social science, art education, biology education, chemistry education and mathematics education.

Hawaii Pacific University has a Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education program that includes 140 hours of fieldwork experience and 450 hours of student teacher. This 4-year program prepares students to teach grades K-6. A bachelor degree in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) is also available at Hawaii Pacific University. Chaminade University offers a Bachelor of Science in elementary education as well as several online programs.

Master’s in Education Programs in Hawaii

Argosy University is a college that specializes in graduate teaching programs. Their offerings include Master of Arts programs in School Counseling and Educational Psychology as well as Master of Arts in Education with specializations in educational administration; teaching & learning: integrated concentration; and curriculum & instruction.

Hawaii Pacific University has Master of Education programs in both elementary education and secondary education. HPU also offers a master degree in TESOL. Chaminade University has a Master of Arts in Teaching with concentrations in elementary education, secondary education, special education and early childhood education. Each of these programs includes licensure, but students must have passing scores on the Praxis tests. CU’s Master of Education programs has concentrations in instructional leadership, child development, educational leadership and Montessori emphasis.

Hawaii Teaching Certification & Specializations

Argosy University offers several educational doctoral degree programs in areas like curriculum & instruction; higher and postsecondary education; and teaching and learning. They also offer a school psychology certification program. Chaminade University has an associate degree program in early childhood education that’s good for students who want to get general education courses out of the way prior to enrolling in a bachelor’s degree program. The University of Hawaii at Manoa has post-baccalaureate and graduate certificates offered both on campus and online.